[Qgis-user] Batch GeoCoding within QGIS 2.0

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:04:24 PST 2014

Joseph,Using just the MMQGIS plugin (Geocode from street layer), I geocoded a little over 8300 records with an 86% match to a street centerline stored in a local database. Given the errors in the original address data, I thought that was pretty good. It did have a little trouble in some spots handling even/odd sides of the street segments and seemed to have trouble with a few oddball street types that were not abbreviated (e.g., TERRACE) and with highway designations, but on the whole I thought it did a pretty good job. I had not updated my plugin so you might want to make sure you are running the most current version (2014.2.28). It would be nice to see future options for records stored in a database table (instead of just csv) and the ability to geocode to other layers such as address points. Even a straight text match to alternate layers would be helpful. Hierarchical geocoding, as you described, would be a logical progression from there. If you come up with anything different, I'd be interested to hear... Best Regards,James  Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:47:02 -0500