[Qgis-user] Selecting rasters with vector layer

Asher Kamiraze asher.kamiraze at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 01:41:37 PST 2014

Eric,

I just tried to create a VRT from all ecw images in a folder.
Unfortunately, it does not work, the command line seems to be rejected when
there are too many input files. The problem also appear if directly using
the gdalbuildvrt from the command line. The only solution I found was to
build an input_file_list with the following command:

cd <to_my_ecw_folder>
dir /b *.ecw > listin_ecw.txt
gdalbuildvrt -input_file_list listin_ecw.txt all_ecw.vrt

Then, if I try to save the cropping result as an ECW file, I got the
following error:

Output driver `ECW' not recognised or does not support
direct output file creation. The following format drivers are configured
and support direct output:
GeoRaster: Oracle Spatial GeoRaster
VRT: Virtual Raster
GTiff: GeoTIFF
NITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
ELAS: ELAS
MEM: In Memory Raster
BMP: MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
PCIDSK: PCIDSK Database File
ILWIS: ILWIS Raster Map
SGI: SGI Image File Format 1.0
Leveller: Leveller heightfield
Terragen: Terragen heightfield
netCDF: Network Common Data Format
HDF4Image: HDF4 Dataset
ISIS2: USGS Astrogeology ISIS cube (Version 2)
ERS: ERMapper .ers Labelled
RMF: Raster Matrix Format
RST: Idrisi Raster A.1
INGR: Intergraph Raster
GSBG: Golden Software Binary Grid (.grd)
GS7BG: Golden Software 7 Binary Grid (.grd)
PNM: Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
ENVI: ENVI .hdr Labelled
EHdr: ESRI .hdr Labelled
PAux: PCI .aux Labelled
MFF: Vexcel MFF Raster
MFF2: Vexcel MFF2 (HKV) Raster
BT: VTP .bt (Binary Terrain) 1.3 Format
LAN: Erdas .LAN/.GIS
IDA: Image Data and Analysis
GTX: NOAA Vertical Datum .GTX
NTv2: NTv2 Datum Grid Shift
CTable2: CTable2 Datum Grid Shift
ADRG: ARC Digitized Raster Graphics
SAGA: SAGA GIS Binary Grid (.sdat)

The generated command line by QGIs is:

gdalwarp -q -cutline "F:\\MY_SHP_PATH\\Commune_Aix-en-Provence.shp"
-crop_to_cutline -of ECW F:\MY_VRT_PATH\Toutes_dalles_13.vrt
"F:/MY_OUTPUT_PATH/crop.ecw"

It does not seem to be a "\" "/" issue, since if I choose a .vrt output it
works fine.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

I am running QGIS 2.2.0 on 64 bits windows.

Regards