[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.6 projected graticules

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:53:49 PST 2014

Hi all,

Essentially what I was thinking of is an option within the grid definition
in the map composer window, such that one can define the graticule spacing
(Longitude and Latitude) and the program takes the CRS and draws the lines
according to the project projection. Using the concept from ArcMap in its
layout frame (attached).

The idea is to expand (develop) the grid option in map composer to read the
CRS (of whatever projection is used) and draw the graticules based directly
on that, having defined the longitude and latitude increment. This can be
defined in the main QGIS window via the vector grid function (and densify
nodes), but obviously does not help with auto labelling in composer.

Cheers