[Qgis-user] Node tool: could not snap to a segment on the current layer

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Nov 3 04:54:19 PST 2014

> On 3 Nov 2014, at 16:28, enricofer <enricofer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have a strange issue. Editing a layer with node tool I get always the
> following message:
> "Node tool: could not snap to a segment on the current layer."

It's an odd one that one. This is my understanding.
When you click the node tool looks in a set area for a node or a segment, and then uses that (or snaps the cursor to the segment).
So, the message is something like, "Oi! There's nothing there!"

Usually my next steps are :
1. Check that the object I'm trying to edit is actually in the layer I'm editing, and
2. pay a bit more attention to where I'm clicking and stop thinking I'm a mouse wizz.

Does any of that help?