[Qgis-user] Missing vector layers

Kevin Honour kevin at argusecology.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 06:16:34 PST 2014

> My 3 year old mapping project used 1.8 on Windows 7 prof. to create

> some 320 vector and raster layers (about 50/50).  It started to crash

> rather frequently - but I never lost data or layers.  I have now

> installed QGIS 2.6 64 bit and find that half the vector layers will

> not display and can see no reason for this as there is no difference

> that I can see between the layers that display and those that don't.

> If I open the project in version 1.8 now, I find that the same vector

> layers are missing.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had a similar problem recently with some downloaded boundary data
shapefiles which wouldn't display properly in QGIS 2.2 or 2.4 on Windows 7
Professional 64x - some layers didn't display at all, others had missing
polygons.  The data provider suggested I create a spatial index (under layer
properties - general) and it solved the issue.

Kevin Honour