[Qgis-user] Creating DEM from ASCII Coordinates

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Nov 7 01:23:36 PST 2014

Am 07.11.2014 um 09:16 schrieb berounba:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a ASCII-File with x-/y-/z-Values.
>
> For using in QGIS2threejs is is necessary to have a DEM. I assume it is a
> geoTIF. Is there possibility to convert the Vector-Layer (ASCI Values) to a
> DEM or may be a plug in?

If the ASCII file follows a regular grid, you can load the file into
QGIS using XYZ format, and create a tif file with Raster -> Conversion
-> Translate.

If the points do not form a regular grid, you have to load the data as
delimited text, save it to Shapefile format, then run Raster -> Analysis
-> Grid on the layer.

HTH,
André Joost