[Qgis-user] Qgis 2.6 Brighton on Mac Osx 10.10 Yosemite

Geoff Dickson dickovich at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:11:01 PST 2014

Hi list

Complete NEWBIE here, so apologies.

I am trying to install QGIS to allow me to view / convert ecw mapping files.

I have downloaded the latest 2.6 version for mac - I am using OSX 10.10 Yosemite.

I have downloaded the GDAL 1.11 Complete framework files and followed the instructions to install the other dependancies.  I have downloaded the ECW plugin1.11.0-1 and ERDAS ECW/JPEG2000 SDK 5.1 and followed install instructions to place certain files throughout my directory structure.

QGIS runs fine, however, when I go to open the ECW map - it is grayed out - indicating to me I cant open it.

Something is broken, or incompatible given I am using Yosemite ?

Can someone help ? Is there a command line method to check my install ? I thought I followed all the instructions but it isn't working and I have an urgent file I need to convert..

Help !!

Geoff