[Qgis-user] Paths in Processing Options not updated after upgrade to 2.6

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Nov 13 09:08:20 PST 2014

Hi Victor,

On Wed, 12. Nov 2014 at 20:41:26 +0100, Victor Olaya wrote:
> Once the paths are set, a new install of Processing wont change them.
> PAths are set only the first time, in case they were not set before.
> Maybe we should implement a mechanism for that, assuming the install
> path will change  between QGIS versions, having a separate set of
> options for each Processing version

Only if GRASS (or other third party things processing is using) comes with
QGIS.  Common on Windows and OSX, but not on Linux.

> I tried deleting my .qgis folder and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I
> reset the paths manually in Processing Options and that did the trick, but I
> was wondering if there was a way to avoid going through that process.
> Thanks,
> Carl

On Windows the settings are saved in the registry
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QGIS\QGIS2) and on Linux (also OSX?) in the user's
home directory (~/.config/QGIS/QGIS2.conf).

IOW removing ~/.qgis won't reset the settings.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode