[Qgis-user] Stacking Landsat Bands

Carl calbury at fs.fed.us
Thu Nov 13 06:31:30 PST 2014

Jonathan
I'm not familiar with the Orfeo tool but I use the SAGA Rgb Composite tool
under SAGA\Grid-Visualization\ to stack Landsat scenes. It limits you to
three bands which is a bummer, but works well. The tool output is rescaled
to 8-bit, so you shouldn't use the stacked imagery for change analysis
later, but it’s great for visualization.
The GRASS Raster tool r.composite will also stack, but the SAGA tool seems
to handle Landsat 7 SLC-off data gaps better.
I’m new to QGIS, so some of the above might be wrong...
Carl