[Qgis-user] Installation Problems

Billy Lacek billy_lacek at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 19:11:24 PST 2014

I am a interested in learning about GIS and wanted to use QGIS to do so. I have installed it on an older computer of mine with no problems. But when I try to on my current computer the program seems to install but does not make a shortcut on my desktop or anywhere that I can locate. Also when I tried to install the additional files (training/tutorial) all failed to download. When I try to uninstall the program I get an error saying that I do not have the correct privileges to do so even though I am the admin of the computer. I was able though to find the files that and delete them without problems.
OS: windows 8.1QGIS versions: 2.6 (64 and 32) and 2.4(32)
If any additional information is required I will gladly provide it.