[Qgis-user] Error while Dissolving Vector layers using Grass

PadmaDevi.Subramaniam at cognizant.com PadmaDevi.Subramaniam at cognizant.com
Tue Nov 18 00:28:51 PST 2014

Hi Users,

We installed QGIS 2.6 using standalone installer in windows OS, 32 bit with 4GB RAM.
We are facing the below issue when Dissolving Vector layers using Grass commands.
The processing log shows the below error,

|Could not load model watersheds.model|Error in algorithm name: saga:catchmentareaparallel
ALGORITHM

The below error occurs while using Grass commands to dissolve vector layers,
Oooops! The following output layers could not be open
*                     Dissolved layer: C:\Users\169099\AppData\Local\Temp\processing\5b5419e238924b5d87fc1e74254dec5b\output.shp
The above files could not be opened, which probably indicates that they were not correctly produced by the executed algorithm
Checking the log information might help you see why those layers were not created as expected
This algorithm requires GRASS to be run. A test to check if GRASS is correctly installed and configured in your system has been performed, with the following result:
GRASS seems to be correctly installed and configured

Regards,
Padma Devi

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.