[Qgis-user] Processing option "Enable SAGA Import/Export optimizations"

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:22:25 PST 2014

Those optimitations avoid exporting from the saga raster format into a
"normal" format (like tif) and back into it, when a result is an
intermediate input in a model. That optimizes models that use SAGA
algorithms

Unfortunately, a last minute bug was found in the modeler just before
releasing 2.6, which caused SAGA algorithms to break when used in a
model to to an issue with these optimizations. To avoid that and
release a broken modeler (there was not time to fix it properly),
optimizations were disabled. So now in 2.6 that option basically does
nothing, but its normal behaviour will hopefully soon be back (I
actually have to work on it when i finally have some time to spend on
Processing)

Hope this helps

Cheers