[Qgis-user] Newbie

Philipp Pfeiffer pfeiffer at naturkultur-kassel.de
Tue Nov 18 12:24:28 PST 2014

Hello together,

I´m working as a biologist in Germany and therefore I just startet to
get to know QGis and I really think it´s an excellent tool. But of
course there will be always things that I just can´t figure out by myself.

I have a couple of waypoints and it´s no problem to digitize them or
upload these to my GPS device. But before I want to upload I have to
create a specific area around these waypoints (in form of a circle) with
a certain radius (500m). How do I start to create this circle and
secondly how do I convert this circle to a track that can read my GPS
device ?

I hope you understand my question and can give me an answer.

All the best and many thanks.

Kind regards

P.Pfeiffer