[Qgis-user] Newbie

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Nov 18 13:06:35 PST 2014

Hello - So to get a circle which we call a buffer: Vector Tools ->
Geoprocessing Tools -> Buffer Of course you need to know what projection
your original data is in - if it is in WGS84 the buffer tool won't give
you the desired results (but will still create a buffer).

QGIS has GPS tools - but I haven't used them very much (PLugins -> GPS
Tools after checking it look for GPS Tools under the vector menu). I
have used DNR GPS to upload GPX files into a GPS Unit....of course that
also depends on your GPS unit (but it is possible).

I hope this starts you in the right direrction.

Keep asking questions!

Randy