[Qgis-user] QGIS not running

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 24 20:21:41 PST 2014

Dear all,
I do not know why, but my QGIS is not running. I am using QGIS 2.4 Chugiak on Ubuntu 13.04.
When I try to run QGIS, it returns a very long message that ends with:
"src/core/qgsmessagelog.cpp: 45: (logMessage) 2014-11-25T02:18:02 Complementos[0] Carregado MetaSearch Catalogue Client (pacote: MetaSearch)
QGIS died on signal 11Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operação não permitida.
No thread selected
No stack.
gdb returned 0
Abortado (imagem do núcleo gravada)"
What other information are needed to understand the problem?I have already tried to uninstall and re-install QGIS, but it did not work.
Thanks in advance.Bernardo Niebuhr