[Qgis-user] [QGIS-user] Prompt for projection when importing raster - QGIS 2.6

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Nov 26 18:11:34 PST 2014

On 11/26/2014 05:45 PM, Brett Adams wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> How do I set QGIS 2.6 to prompt for projection when importing a raster file
> with a projection it doesn't recognise?
>

> The TIF images are GDA94/MGA zone51 but for some reason it doesn't always
> recognise the projection.    I know they can be reset later, but when theirs
> 20 images that gets a bit laborious.
>

> Thanks
>
> Brett

Not exactly an answer, but if this is a mosaic of side by side images,
you should just create a Virtual Raster Table (VRT), then you only have
1 file to load and can ensure the proj info is correct. To make a VRT
use the Raster menu -> Miscellaneous.

Now to try and answer the original question:
Settings->Options->CRS "Prompt for CRS" might work, however not
recognized vs no projection are different.

Thanks,
Alex