[Qgis-user] [QGIS-user] Prompt for projection when importing raster - QGIS 2.6

Brett Adams badams at spinifexgeophysics.com.au
Wed Nov 26 23:04:23 PST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Mandel [mailto:tech_dev at wildintellect.com]
Sent: Thursday, 27 November 2014 10:12 AM
To: Brett Adams; 'qgis-user'
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] [QGIS-user] Prompt for projection when importing
raster - QGIS 2.6

On 11/26/2014 05:45 PM, Brett Adams wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> How do I set QGIS 2.6 to prompt for projection when importing a raster
> file with a projection it doesn't recognise?
>

> The TIF images are GDA94/MGA zone51 but for some reason it doesn't always
> recognise the projection.    I know they can be reset later, but when
theirs
> 20 images that gets a bit laborious.
>

> Thanks
>
> Brett

Not exactly an answer, but if this is a mosaic of side by side images, you
should just create a Virtual Raster Table (VRT), then you only have
1 file to load and can ensure the proj info is correct. To make a VRT use
the Raster menu -> Miscellaneous.

Now to try and answer the original question:
Settings->Options->CRS "Prompt for CRS" might work, however not
recognized vs no projection are different.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex,
Unfortunately the images are all cover the same area, so the VRT option
didn't work.

I've tried playing with the settings under;
Settings->Options->CRS
but these aren't doing it for me.   As you say, not recognized vs no
projection could be different.

BA