[Qgis-user] Call for release name suggestions

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Nov 30 11:01:22 PST 2014

Dear QGIS community,

As you might know, given our new release cycle with three releases a year,
we are sooner or later going to run out of release names based on
developer meeting locations.

This is why I'm putting forward the following call for release name
suggestions:

CALL for QGIS RELEASE NAME SUGGESTIONS

The following rules apply:
- The suggestion should be the name of a place.
- The suggestion must not be the name of a software product. (Please try
to do some Google searches before submitting the suggestion.)
- Each suggestion must come with a suitable map image for splash design.
(Make sure that we have the rights to use the image. Since the splash is
also printed in our user guide, a minimum resolution of 3000x2000 px is
necessary.)
- Locations of developer meetings have priority.

Submission format: Send an email with a short description of your
suggestion and a link to a ZIP file containing the map image(s) to
anitagraser at gmx.at

The PSC will pick the release names. The deadline for the 2.8 release is
the 1st of January 2015. If there are multiple good suggestions, we might
announce names for later releases as well.

Thanks and best wishes,
Anita

--
anitagraser.com