[Qgis-user] NoData

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:24:09 PDT 2014

I can contribute a couple of things from my experience with some of these.
1. there are some gotchas with using NULL (in vector files) is that the
result of X+NULL or X concatenate NULL, effectively any operation using
NULL the result is NULL. This is expected/deliberate.
I've only come across Nan in tiffs when there's somethings wrong with the
format / import.
Nodata seems to be specified, the default is set at 0 on most files/formats
I've dealt with (usually single band rasters) and its handled the same way
as if I specify -999.

Matt