[Qgis-user] Clipping tool takes a lot of time

Jonas Sjögren jonas.sjo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:16:34 PDT 2014

Hi again,
unfortunately the processing is quite slow again with the difference
algorithm, about 2,5 hours. With a script running with 60 iterations the
total processing time will be about a week. No other processes are running
except for internet. The script sequence is
processing.runalg( 'qgis:difference', InputRoadNetwork, ClippingPolygon,
OutputRoadNetwork )
I have tried the 'gdalogr:ogr2ogr' clipping algorithm expressed in
http://darrencope.com/2011/03/31/clipping-large-shapefiles-using-ogr/ and
http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html
which I believe corresponds to the algorithm GDAL/OGR [32 geoalgorithms] =>
[OGR] Conversion => Convert format in the Processing Toolbox. Still I do
not know how to get the code right in 'Creation Options'. It should be
something like
[-clipsrc ClippingPolygon.shp]. Anyone who has an idea?

Best regards,
Jonas