[Qgis-user] QGIS Server does not publish Oracle Spatial Layer

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 16 00:40:47 PDT 2014

On 15-10-14 08:30, Niemeier, Stefan (Stadtwerke Lemgo GmbH) wrote:
> I want to publish a Oracle Spatial Layer which is defined in a QGIS
> Project with the QGIS Server as a WMS. The capabilities document of the
> QGIS Server does not include the layer description of the Oracle Spatial
> Layer. If i try this for example with a PostGis Layer it will work. Is
> there a solution about this.
>
> My Version of QGIS is 2.4 for Windows 64 bit and i installed the QGIS
> Server over the OSGEO setup on the same system.

Hi Stefan,

Can you be more precise what you mean with 'does not include layer
description'?
Do you mean the 'Layer'-node is not available in the xml (so you cannot
load the layer in QGIS)?
Or do you mean that you miss certain (meta)data from the layer in the
capabilities document.

I'm running a QGIS-dev wms here from osgeo4w, and with me the Oracle
Layers just show up in the capabilities document, and showing fine.

Are you able to test your issue in qgis-dev server? Because if fixed we
will have a 2.6 version pretty soon...

If still a problem, please describe it as clear as possible so we are
able to reproduce it: are you using special data, styles etc etc

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde