[Qgis-user] Future change in the Python support?

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:25:45 PDT 2014

Hi Ricardo,

I'm not a developer of qgis and surely the devs could be a better response.

AFAIK the question is a long chain of question.
The support of python 3 is link (as I know) to the qt 5.
Actually qgis support the qt 4.x
Also changing from python 2 to python 3 mean to rewrite all the plugins.
Because they are develope from many people this could not happened all
at the same time.
So changing from py2 to py3 mean to return to a qgis without many of the
plugin s needed for its quotidian using.

my 2ct.
Andrea.