[Qgis-user] Future change in the Python support?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 04:32:57 PDT 2014

Hey Ricardo,

Currently there is no hard plan to move to Python 3.  I suspect when we
move to Qt5 we will move.  Like Andrea has said this is not a simple change
as it will require a update of plugins, however it will not bad a hard or
bad update.  I don't think it would be very hard for people to upgrade when
we do.

My advice is to learn both.  They are not that different and you will be
able to swap the two easy enough.  If you only want to learn one then 2.7
is fine, when 3.0 comes as a update you will be able to switch pretty easy.

Regards,
Nathan