[Qgis-user] low CPU on python plugin computation

Alain Gauthier alain.gauthier at eaucea.fr
Tue Oct 28 07:09:42 PDT 2014

Hello,
I am migrating a python plugin from QGIS 1.8 to QGIS 2.2.
My work is now with QGIS 2.2 Valmeira on windows 7 (32 bit version of QGIS).

When I Launch a computation with my plugin, it runs very slowly
regarding to the same one on QGIS 1.8, on the same computer.

Having a look at the task manager, QGIS process takes only less than 2 %
of CPU usage.

The computation which takes time (but almost no CPU !) is a filter
through features geometry using "shapely" module.
I also check that there was no disk usage for that computation.

Does someone has an idea about the reason of so low cpu usage ?
Anyone already met that kind of problem ?

Many thanks

--
Alain Gauthier
Eaucéa