[Qgis-user] delete overlapped polygons

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sun Apr 19 09:54:05 PDT 2015

I believe you can do it this way (as I'm experimenting with this very
thing). Of course - if you have very small polygons with even smaller
polygons this wouldn't work.

Select features using an expression and let your expression be $area <
square units you are looking for.

I wanted to select everything in my layer less than 10 acres (I am
working in Feet) so I entered $area < 435600 and have quite a few
polygons selected now. I am checking to make sure it has done what I
wanted.

Hope this helps - I'm pretty sure there is a more elegant solution than
$area - but so far this works for me.

Randy

On 04/19/2015 12:38 PM, Giacomo Fontanelli wrote:
> Hello forum
>
> this post is similar to my last one, but not totally the same.
>
> Thank you for making me know the Sieve filter.
>
> I have a vector layer.
>
> I have some polygons that apparently seem to be lying on bigger
> polygons and totally included on this, but if you delete the small
> ones they produce holes on the big polygons with the same dimension
> and shape of the small polygons.
> Well: this is the result I'd like to obtain, I mean I would like to
> automatically delete the smaller polygons producing the described holes.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Thank you very much

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc