[Qgis-user] QGIS-rel-dev doesn't install alone

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 23 04:34:59 PDT 2015

Hi Heather,

On Thu, 23. Apr 2015 at 12:01:02 +0200, Hillers Heather wrote:
> We really need qgis 2.8.2 on our productive system to fix an oracle bug that
> is for us critical and becoming more and more critical as we get more users.
> We were waiting for the point release to come, but this week we decided it
> was better not to wait and just install the qgis-rel-dev as our production
> version until the point release came.  However, when we run OSGeo4W and try
> to uninstall the qgis module and install the qgis-rel-dev module, it doesn't
> work.  We end up with qgis and qgis-rel-dev anyway, and 2 start menu items.

> We get the dependency notice, qgis required by qgis-globe-plugin,
> qgis-grass-plugin, qgis-oracle-provider.  We definitely need
> qgis-grass-plugin and qgis-oracle-provider.  How can we get a clean install
> of qgis-rel-dev?

qgis-globe-plugin, qgis-grass-plugin and qgis-oracle-provider belong to "qgis",

You don't need any of those to run "qgis-rel-dev", but you also don't need to
deinstall "qgis" to install "qgis-rel-dev".  It's not split into sub packages
(like the master build qgis-dev).

After installing you should have a shortcut to "QGIS Desktop 2.8.1 (Nightly)"
that starts the nighly of 2.8.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode