[Qgis-user] QGIS-rel-dev doesn't install alone

Hillers Heather Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Thu Apr 23 03:01:02 PDT 2015

We really need qgis 2.8.2 on our productive system to fix an oracle bug that is for us critical and becoming more and more critical as we get more users.  We were waiting for the point release to come, but this week we decided it was better not to wait and just install the qgis-rel-dev as our production version until the point release came.  However, when we run OSGeo4W and try to uninstall the qgis module and install the qgis-rel-dev module, it doesn't work.  We end up with qgis and qgis-rel-dev anyway, and 2 start menu items.

We get the dependency notice, qgis required by qgis-globe-plugin, qgis-grass-plugin, qgis-oracle-provider.  We definitely need qgis-grass-plugin and qgis-oracle-provider.  How can we get a clean install of qgis-rel-dev?

Thanks,

heather