[Qgis-user] authentication when using 'Import Vector into PostGIS database (available connections)'

Larissa Junek junek at gbd-consult.de
Tue Apr 28 05:35:27 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm currently checking out 'Import Vector into PostGIS database
(available connections)' from the processing algorithms for the user
manual.
I have started my database connection with 'rcpostgresql start' and
then filled in the parameters of the a.m. import tool. In 'History and
log' is documented:

GDAL execution console output
ERROR 1: PQconnectdb failed.
FATAL:  kein PostgreSQL-Benutzername im Startpaket angegeben (= given no
PostgreSQL-username in the starter kit)

How can I authenticate to the database so that the vector layer will be
imported? Which additional steps are to be done?

Kind regards,
Larissa