[Qgis-user] authentication when using 'Import Vector into PostGIS database (available connections)'

Torsten Lange torsten.lange at mail.de
Tue Apr 28 06:12:47 PDT 2015

I Larissa,

it's Postgresql complaining that no user name is provided for the request. Do you have a valid connection initialised befor between QGis and PostGIS?

Torsten

 Am 28-Apr-2015 14:36:31 +0200 schrieb junek at gbd-consult.de:
Hello,

 I'm currently checking out 'Import Vector into PostGIS database
 (available connections)' from the processing algorithms for the user
 manual.
 I have started my database connection with 'rcpostgresql start' and
 then filled in the parameters of the a.m. import tool. In 'History and
 log' is documented:

 GDAL execution console output
 ERROR 1: PQconnectdb failed.
 FATAL: kein PostgreSQL-Benutzername im Startpaket angegeben (= given no
 PostgreSQL-username in the starter kit)

 How can I authenticate to the database so that the vector layer will be
 imported? Which additional steps are to be done?

 Kind regards,
 Larissa