[Qgis-user] Any working GRASS in QGIS available?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Aug 1 14:41:26 PDT 2015

Hi guys,
is it just bad karma, that I seem not to able to get a working GRASS in
QGIS? Or did I miss the big advertisement "GRASS out of order" somewhere.

For nearly 2 weeks, I tried to get things to work in Ubuntu/Mint, and
tried every possible/impossible repository, but always GRASS has missing
dependencies, the forms open in Processing, but the algos don't run
through, or the functions are working in Processing, but failing in the
modeller.

As I really got to finish a model in the Modeller including some GRASS
algos, I finally turned on my VM with Windows ...
but what the heck? Same s...t there!

I really wonder why there aren't many post about trouble with GRASS on
this list or at stackexchange, normally this would explode when things
like these happen.

So am I really the one with the bad karma, do you all other simply not use
GRASS in processing as much as I do, or do you all simply have working
installs, so there is not problem?

Please, at least one: Do you have an install under Ubuntu or Windows,
where GRASS algos are functional in the Modeler ? If yes, which
version/what did you do?

... Soon, I will go and find me a rope ...

Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2