[Qgis-user] How to convert ECW using open source packages into something else?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 21:20:20 PDT 2015

Mainly because on windows the package is all standalone and ECW is included
in that package. So you just install and it should just work out of the
box.  I have had working ECW support since 1.8 or before, only a small time
at 2.0 where we (us developers) got a bit confused with the WCW licence but
that was cleared up by ERDAS and it's worked out of the box ever since.
The same should be for Linux but I suspect the package systems add some
complication to that.

- Nathan