[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.10.1 adding PostGIS Views

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Aug 6 10:53:08 PDT 2015

I noticed this on the Linux/Windows version of QGIS (2.10.1).

When adding a view in Postgresql/Postgis (9.3/2.1.3) the primary key
(all views have primary keys) has to be selected and with a single click
it appears. In 2.8.x I can add the view and the Primary key is
automatically displayed. Regular tables add just fine. I've not upgraded
anything on the database end.

There doesn't appear to be any issue with the database manager - just
the 'add PostGIS Tables' Menu.

Bug? Enhancement? Something I need to do differently?

Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04
Postgres 9.3
PostGIS 2.1.3
QGIS 2.10.1