[Qgis-user] vector files time manager

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:46:43 PDT 2015

Hello Pablo,

I think you can use atlas to do what you want.

I would do the following:
- Create a coverage layer (a simple non spatial table) with all desired
dates (you can simply make and import a CSV), it should have a year_field
column;
- Create a map with the desired extention, and use the already created
layer as atlas coverage;
- In the map canvas, style your universities layer with a rule-based
symbology, and set an unique rule with:
       "YEAR" >=  attribute(  $atlasfeature , 'year_field') AND "YEAR" >=
(attribute(  $atlasfeature , 'year_field') + 5)

I think you can then export your atlas for each 5 year to PDF or SVG

Hope it helps

Alexandre Neto