[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.10 + GRASS - changes in behaviour?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Aug 11 20:53:41 PDT 2015

On 08/11/2015 02:23 PM, Carlos Grohmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading to 2.10 (running kyngschaos pkgs on OS X), I noticed that
> the "add grass raster layer" and "add grass vector layer" button from the
> GRASS plugin are gone. Is this a bug or there were changes in 2.10 related
> to GRASS layers?
>
> Suddenly I can't even visualize my GRASS layers anymore..
>
> best

Well known issue, downgrade back to previous version you had working if
you need GRASS layers working in QGIS or the QGIS+GRASS Plugin.

Expect QGIS 2.12 to likely work with GRASS 7.
http://www.gissula.eu/qgis-grass-plugin-crowdfunding/

Longer answer the QGIS+GRASS plugin is being rewritten to support GRASS
7 which is fairly new. 2.10 is somewhere in no mans land where it
doesn't work with either 6 or 7 for the plugin (The grass functions in
the toolbox are related only indirectly, so those working combos differ).

Thanks,
Alex