[Qgis-user] moving features in multiple layers at once by mouse

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Aug 12 00:56:15 PDT 2015

On 11-08-15 17:05, Mats Elfström wrote:
> Hi Richard!
> What is the point of the point in the polygon? Simplifying your data
> to one table only would save you a lot of work.

Hi Mats,

The actual usecase is that QGIS is actually used for drawing
(archeological) profiles. So on a (paper mimicking) grid, workers draw a
profile of some (say one meter) width, and somewhere in that profile
there is a 'special/measuring' point with totally different attributes
(then the profile).
So really two different entities, but only 'spatially' related as in:
this point is related to this profile drawing.

The actual QGIS project then is a list of those profiles (like a list of
profiles on a 'paper drawing'), but sometimes one have to 'insert' a new
profile, so you want to move the others (including those measuring
points)...

More clear like this? Do you agree with me then that these are two
tables/files instead of one?

I can think of some plugin which holds a handle to a one of the editing
layers, and listens to the mouse events on that one and translates those
to the other editing layer....
But I was hoping that maybe people already had this..:-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde