[Qgis-user] Hydrology

Lene Fischer lfi at ign.ku.dk
Fri Aug 14 03:14:31 PDT 2015

Hi Matt,
Just finished my lessons at this minute – in Hydrology ☺

We use DTM
Create:

·       Hillshade with factor 2

·       Use Fill Sinks (Wang& Lui) on DTM

·       Create a bluespot in Rastercalculator FilledDEM – DTM. Style and set transparency to 0

·       Use Channelnetwork & Drainage Basin to create Watershed basins and Streams (– The factor is set to 5 – if you want a more dense streamnetwork use a smaller factor.)
Style/Graduate the streams by the attribute ‘Order’. Style Categorize the Watershed Basins

Hope these few lines can help ☺

Regards

Lene Fischer
Associate Professor

Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
University of Copenhagen

MOB +45 40115084
lfi at ign.ku.dk<mailto:lfi at ign.ku.dk>