[Qgis-user] How to display SID raster on QGIS 2.10 PISA Kubuntu 15.04 ?

Pieter du Plooy pjduplooy at zpanelcp.com
Fri Aug 21 08:21:02 PDT 2015

Hi guys

Just a side note on this.  It seems that one can not compile gdal with the
MrSID SDK if your gcc is higher than version 5.

I am however able to compile gdal on linux if gcc is 4.8 or 4.9.

The SDK comes in two versions, one for gcc 4.2 and one for gcc 4.4.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version available?

I am however able to compile the sdk on OSX with homebrew, and kyngchaos
can also use it in his frameworks.

Pieter