[Qgis-user] Incredibly slow performance using QGIS v2.10

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Aug 30 14:42:25 PDT 2015

Hi,
I suggest to take the joined saved .shp file and use the Saga version of dissolve.  Using the Spatialite (click on layer and save shp as Spatialite) file could make things faster but the problem here is, to my knowledge, not the file format.  It's the QGIS dissolve.  See below.
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/79850/merge-large-number-of-polygons-using-qgis
Saga (processing plugin) will ask for a field for this dissolve.  Select the zip field or create a new Field with a dummy variable if you want to dissolve all.  (Use the field calculator if you which to  create this dummy variable).  If you see slivers, you can set a tolerance level (unit will be the unit of your CRS).
Good luck!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca