[Qgis-user] v.clean and good configuration for Grass

Genevieve Faille faillegenevieve at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:55:52 PST 2015

Dear users,

I am a new Qgis user, so maybe my question will seems quite easy for you and I speak french so i'll try my best!
I want to clean a polygone shp (overlaps, gaps etc.) by using topology checker and the v.clean from Grass.

I dowloaded Qgis yesterday (2.6.1) and when I try to use the v.clean (in processing/commander)I get this message:

Missing dependency.This algorithm cannot be run :-(

This algorithm requires GRASS GIS 7 to be run. Unfortunately, it seems that GRASS GIS 7 is not installed in your system, or it is not correctly configured to be used from QGIS
Click here to know more about how to install and configure GRASS GIS 7 to be used with QGIS The Grass version that was install automaticly with Qgis is the Grass 6.4.3.  So I found the Grass 7 version and downloaded it. But now my problem is how to set the good path to the good Grass??
In the user manual in the section "Configuring external applications", i can read:  "Configuring GRASS is not much different from configuring SAGA. First, the path to the GRASS folder has to be defined, but only if you are running Windows.".........."Also, if you want to use a different GRASS installation, you can change that setting and point to the folder where the other version is installed. "

Ok ! But how do i do that... so I red the SAGA part:
"If you have installed SAGA yourself (remember, you need version 2.1), the path to the SAGA executable must be configured. To do this, open the configuration dialog. In the SAGA block, you will find a setting namedSAGA Folder. Enter the path to the folder where SAGA is installed. Close the configuration dialog, and now you are ready to run SAGA algorithms from QGIS."

I didn't find the configuration dialog or any "block"....So how can I change the path for Grass and use the v.clean?

thanks

Genevieve Faille
Québec