[Qgis-user] qgis shape files modified - arcview shows old

Torsten Lange torsten.lange at mail.de
Fri Feb 6 12:43:50 PST 2015

Thanks for your suggestion, Alexandre. I'll give it a try. Actually, it wasn't ArcGIS that shows this behavior, but that old world Arcview 3.x.

However, deleting those extra files may not be fully water proof as those shapes maybe edited again in ArcGIS from time to time and maybe by other people. And I assume, ArcGIS will then recreate these extra files again. However, I never have this issue when I exchange shapes just between ArcGIS and ArcView 3.x. Apparently, just QGIS is doing it a bit different.

Cheers, Torsten