[Qgis-user] Help installing ECW plugin for Mac?

yanoff at tularosa.net yanoff at tularosa.net
Sun Feb 8 16:41:42 PST 2015

Hi,

I am having trouble installing the ECW plugin on a Mac OS X 10.7.5.  QGIS
2.6.1-2 and the GDAL 1.11 framework are already installed.

I  downloaded the ECW plugin v1.11.0-1 from kyngchaos
(http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks#gdal_complete) and installed
it.  The Readme for the plugin says that the ECW SDK must then be installed.
I downloaded ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK v. 5.2.1 (MAC OSX) from Intergraph
(http://download.intergraph.com/download-portal).  I installed it.  The
Readme has instructions for copying files and folders to complete this
installation.  But I am not able to find the files and folders to copy on my
Mac.

I noticed that the ECW SDK download link - ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK v. 5.2.1 (MAC
OSX) - seems more current than the download file specified in the Readme -
ERDAS ECW/JPEG2000.  So maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, can anyone give me simple, updated instructions how to install the
ECW plugin and ECW SDK for QGIS 2.6.1-2, and ? Also, if I need to uninstall
the plugin and ECW SDK that I already installed first, I do not know how.

Thanks!

Steven Yanoff