[Qgis-user] When I build pyramides (.ovr) from virtual raster (.vrt) Layer extent change to pixelnumbers..

Johan Nilsson joni8135 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:16:02 PST 2015

I have Ubuntu 14.04 and QGIS 2.6.1

Have made a virtual raster from a set of geotif, and it works. map.vrt

But when I build a over view (pyramides) and a big file map.vrt.ovr
projection (crc) are the same, but under Layer Properies>> metadata >>
Properties >> Layer Extent (layer orginal source projection) say a negative
values and relly only the exten of pixels (as a non coordinated raster
image.

Another vrt.ovr from .vrt workes greate, so somewhere I may have made
anything wrong.

By the way, Geotift and .tiff + .twf are thet the same? Does alway a
geotiff include a .wtf-file or can a tiff-file get the .wtf-file
incorporated in tiff metadata?

I the working .vrt.ovr they are placed in the same directory as .tiff/twf,
but in that not work, the vrt.ovr-files are placed in onother directory....

A problem is are that the vrt-files take a long time to load so it's take
time to test...

Cheers