[Qgis-user] How to install MrSid plugin on Mac

yanoff at tularosa.net yanoff at tularosa.net
Wed Feb 11 11:28:41 PST 2015

Hi,

Installing the MrSid plugin for QGIS 2.06 on a Mac also requires installing
the SDK from LizardTech (https://www.lizardtech.com/developer/).  This is
explained in the Readme that accompanies the MrSid plugin, at
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks#gdal_complete.

However, my Mac runs OS X 10.7.5, and the SDKs now available from LizardTech
are for OS X 10.8 and 10.9.  In an email response, LizardTech said it no
longer supports pre-10.8 Mac OS.

Any idea what to do?  Should I still go ahead and try installing the MrSid
plugin with SKD for 10.8?

Thanks!

Steven Yanoff