[Qgis-user] How to install MrSid plugin on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Feb 12 16:34:24 PST 2015

Nice that they gave you a link to the old version.

1. That's when you double click the disk image file, it's assuming you are installing the SDK immediately after installing the plugin, so the disk image should still be open.  After a coule days, you probably ejected it.

2/3.  Terminal is in Utilities, and type (or copy-paste) exactly as in the readme.

On Feb 12, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Steven Yanoff <yanoff at tularosa.net> wrote:

> FYI I obtained SDK 9.0 per below.
>
> I installed the MrSid GDAL plugin from your website, and the SDK, copying files per your Readme.  Your Readme then says  "Now the main library needs to be updated.  The MRSID GDAL Plugin disk image must be open, ie don't put it away after installing the plugin.  Type the following in a Terminal and press Return, enter admin password when asked:
> sudo "/Volumes/MrSID GDAL Plugin/install tools/install_name_tool" -change libtbb.dylib @loader_path/libtbb.dylib "/Library/Application Support/GDAL/1.11/Libraries/libltidsdk.9.dylib"
>
> I will ask for some help.
> 1. What do you mean "the MRSID GDAL Plugin disk image must be open"?  How do I do that?
> 2. Do I just open Terminal from Utilities?
> 3. Do I type exactly  the above, including sudo, and the quotes?
>
> Sorry to ask these basic questions but I am not familiar with this.
>
> Steven Yanoff
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: sdksupport <sdksupport at lizardtech.com>
>> Subject: RE: General Info - question about which SDK to download for Mac OS X 10.75
>> Date: February 12, 2015 2:58:50 PM MST
>> To: Steven Yanoff <yanoff at tularosa.net>
>>
>> We do have a version 9.0 SDK available here:
>>
>> https://s3.amazonaws.com/bin.us.lizardtech.com/download/developer/MrSID_DSDK-9.0.0.3864-darwin11.universal.gccA42.tar.gz
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> SDK Support

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan