[Qgis-user] Deploying Qgis in an organisation.

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 03:20:49 PST 2015

Hi Mats (Old mapinfo-user ??)

Take a look at this article:
http://www.qgis.nl/2014/04/22/qgis-in-de-klas-onder-windows/?lang=en. It
explains how to use the --configuration qualifier to make a shared
environment, where each user has a private directory for plugins and
set-up. If you use --configpath it's not necessary to do a "proper"
installation of QGIS - just copy the different qgis directories to the
user-pc - or leave the directory at a central network based share.

You can distribute your QGIS installation to the local user-pc's for
performance reasons and do some cmd.exe woodoo to check for updates each
time the user starts QGIS.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
AestasGIS