[Qgis-user] Deploying Qgis in an organisation.

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:54:32 PST 2015

Hi all!
I am looking for hints on how to deploy Qgis as a desktop GIS tool for a
limited number of users.
My idea is to have a common program repository with plugins, a map and
layer catalogue, and some basic settings, but still allow individual users
to create their own work environment.
In this way, updates and configuration changes need only be applied
centrally, and distributed on program start to each user.
This is a windows environment on a shared corporate network.
I wish to avoid a manual installation for each user, which would be
impossible to maintain and get out of sync at once.

Regards, Mats.E

Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>