[Qgis-user] Refined rules in rule-based styling do not cascade

Mofo Yoda mofoyoda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 04:27:58 PST 2015

I have a layer with rule-based styling.
The first rule filter is “obtype=1”, second is “obtype=2”. When I refine the first rule with scales, I get several subrules (as expected), but they have (no filter) for filter value.
But the symbols get rendered from both the higher level rule and the matching subrule - that’s very inconvenient. So when I uncheck all subrules in the layer tree, symbols from the upper level rule is still visible. I suppose refined rules (subrules) are meant to cascade rules from the main one. Is it possible to have such a behaviour? I’m on OS X 10.10 with QGIS 2.6.0