[Qgis-user] QGIS - Phase 1 Habitat Style Query

Colin Bonfield colinbonfield at acornecology.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 02:26:55 PST 2015

To Whom it may concern,

Please could I submit the following query:

I have managed to load a style for JNCC Phase 1 Habitat Mapping as follows:
settings – style manager – share – import – then browse to and select the
file. Then I just created a poly, line or point for each habitat and
selected the style. Can this be done within a single poly layer or am I
correct creating a layer for each style used i.e. amenity grassland,
improved grassland.

The problem I still have is when digitising over a Google aerial (I used
this in preference to Bing because you can zoom in closer) if I move the
map all the shape files shift out of place, very frustrating!   If you know
how to overcome this please could you let me know.  I’m sure I will
probably come across other problems when I come to creating a layouts and
legends etc but will post these queries later.

Kind regards

Colin

*Colin Bonfield BSc (Hons), MSc, MCIEEM *

Senior Ecologist

*Acorn Ecology Limited*

The Granary, Westpoint, Sidmouth Road, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1DJ
*T: 01392 366512*
*E: colinbonfield at acornecology.co.uk <colinbonfield at acornecology.co.uk>*

*www.acornecology.co.uk <http://www.acornecology.co.uk/>*

*www.ecologytraining.co.uk <www.ecologytraining.co.uk>*