[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Transformation using NTv2 grids

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:33:50 PST 2015

Hi Bernd,

Here [0] we have an explanation of how the coordinate systems works in
general, and in particular in QGIS. You also find solutions to use the NTv2
grids with QGIS. Unfortunately, the text is in portuguese, but perhaps
Google Translate can help [1].

This is a way that each user must do individually. To make life easier for
portuguese users, as we also have a lot of information that needs to be
transformed to ETRS89, portuguese QGIS User Group developed the plugin that
Giovanni told you [2], which greatly simplifies things, because it is
integrated into Processing Toolbox and already provides the NTv2 grids.

As Giovanni said, if there is interest from other countries and if we can
freely redistribute the NTv2 grids, we can expand the plugin.

Best regards,
Pedro VenĂ¢ncio

[0]
http://qgis.pt/blog/2014/07/13/transformacao-de-coordenadas-e-utilizacao-das-grelhas-ntv2-no-qgis/

[1]
https://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fqgis.pt%2Fblog%2F2014%2F07%2F13%2Ftransformacao-de-coordenadas-e-utilizacao-das-grelhas-ntv2-no-qgis%2F&edit-text=&act=url

[2] http://www.qgis.pt/plugins/plugins.xml