[Qgis-user] Strange behaviour importing data from postgis

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:37:16 PST 2015

It might be a point/multipoint issue. If your Postgis table contains
both point and multipoint entries, QGIS will represent the table as
_two_ tables in the "Add Postgis Layers" dialogue. One table with the
"point" type and another table with the same name, but with the
"multipoint" type. The reason for this behaviour it that a QGIS layer
can only contain _one_ specific type of object. And point and multipoint
object are different types. Line/Multiline and Polygon/Multipolygon has
the same issues.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
AestasGIS